Exclusive Music for fans of Steve Eulberg

Monday, November 02, 2015

Brain Pickings Weekly

by Steve Eulberg

I am so grateful to the patrons who support my work, that I am trying to pay their generosity forward.

Maria Popova has created and curated a resource of wisdom that has become one of my favorites named Brain Pickings (www.brainpickings.org)

I have subscribed to its weekly newsletter, which posts arrives every Sunday called Brain Pickings Weekly.  It is described as a "free weekly interestingness digest."  For me, it certainly IS full of interestingness.

Recently, Maria shared 9 Learnings from 9 Years of hosting this labor of love.  She notes that they are an expansion of what was originally 7 Learnings from 7 Years, published in 2013 for her seventh Anniversary of the project.

Over the past 9 days I have been sharing them in my Facebook Feed, one at a time (except I divided #4 into 4A and 4B).  Many commenters have responded with how powerful and timely they find these reflections to be.

I want to encourage all who have found these insights powerful to join me in supporting Maria's work.

So that you can have all the posts in a quick reference list, I will only list the first lines of the 9 here, but I highly encourage you to not only visit and read, chew, savor and digest the original post, but I want to encourage you to join me in subscribing AND donating to support the continuation of this thoughtful, fun and invigorating project.

And now, here is the list:

1.  Allow yourself the uncomfortable luxury of changing your mind.

2.  Do nothing for prestige or status or money or approval alone.

3.  Be generous.

4A.  Build pockets of stillness into your life.

4B.  Most importantly, sleep.

5.  When people tell you who they areMaya Angelou famously advised, believe them. Just as importantly, however, when people try to tell you who you are, don’t believe them.

6.  Presence is far more intricate and rewarding an art than productivity.

7.  “Expect anything worthwhile to take a long time.”

8.  Seek out what magnifies your spirit.

9.  Don’t be afraid to be an idealist.

And let me know which of these 9 speak the loudest to you today!

No comments: